The Intellectual Property Office can help you get the right type of protection for your creation or invention.
Intellectual Property (IP) results from the expression
of an idea. So IP might be a brand, an invention, a design, a song or another intellectual creation. IP can be owned, bought and sold. But how can that help you? See Why use IP?
The Intellectual Property Office is part of the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills .
Find out how our new IP App can help identify and
understand how IP can work for you.
- Intellectual Property Bill
- MusicBiz winners announced!
- Draft legislation to modernise copyright exceptions published for technical review
- The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 - Orphan Works and Extended Collective Licensing
- IP support for Business
- Bromley Expo 2013, Bromley (20 June 2013)
- ACCA Members Network, Bristol (26 June 2013)
- South Wales Chamber of Commerce Exhibition, Cardiff (27 June 2013)
- Get It Right, Manchester (2 July 2013)
- Darlington Business Club, Darlington, (3 July 2013)
- Cracking talent amongst UK's youth
- Artistic performers to get stronger intellectual property protection
- Balance of Competences Review
- An open meeting to discuss World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) negotiations on improving access to copyright works for visually impaired people (professional section)
- The Impact of Lookalikes
- IP Research Blog