The Intellectual Property Office can help you get the right type of protection for your creation or invention.
Intellectual Property (IP) results from the expression
of an idea. So IP might be a brand, an invention, a design, a song or another intellectual creation. IP can be owned, bought and sold. But how can that help you? See Why use IP?
The Intellectual Property Office is part of the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills .
An educational campaign to celebrate creativity
and innovation and highlight the importance and value of creativity to us all.
- Amendments to the Patents Rules 2007 and Patents (Fees) Rules 2007
- IP Connect Issue 10: April 2014 (394Kb)
- Exchange rate for Madrid Protocol Applications
- Manual of Patent Practice (professional section)
- IP Insight, Edition 84, March 2014
- Guidance: Common practice of the protection of black and white marks
- News story: Patent, trade mark and design litigation: groundless threats
- Artists Resale Right: Evidence Gathering
- Consumer protection: copycat packaging - call for evidence
- Press release: Intellectual Property Office research priorities 2014/2015
- Press release: New support tools will help Northern Ireland businesses identify, protect and grow their intellectual property assets
- Press release: Government ensures minimum standards for all collecting societies