Consultation on proposals to change the UK's copyright system
The Government has published final impact assessments of the measures set out in its responses to the consultation on Copyright, which were published on 2 July and 20 December 2012.
- Copyright exception for archiving and preservation (207Kb)
- Copyright exceptions for disabled people (273Kb)
- Use of works for public administration and reporting (289Kb)
- Exception for use of quotations or extracts of copyright works (205Kb)
- Extend exception for copying for research and private study (345Kb)
- Exception for copying of works for use by text and data analytics (208Kb)
- Extending copyright exceptions for educational use (331Kb)
- Copyright exception for private copying (434Kb)
- Copyright exception for parody (241Kb)
- Codes of conduct (387Kb)
- Extended Collective Licensing (ECL) (286Kb)
- Orphan works (429Kb)
In addition to completing these impact assessments, the IPO commissioned research on Parody and Pastiche, and Private Copying, this will published on the website in January 2013.