This site uses cookies to help make it more useful and reliable. Our cookies page explains what they are, which ones we use, and how you can manage or remove them.

Extending UK IP rights abroad

You will usually need to apply for your Intellectual Property (IP) rights abroad. However, some countries may allow you to extend your United Kingdom (UK) protection, and accept it as protected in that country after completing certain local formalities.

Please note, details below should be used as a guide only, please contact individual country offices for full information.

Your copyright works usually get automatic protection abroad, in the same way as in the UK.