Green Channel for patent applications
1. On 12 May 2009, a "Green Channel" for patent applications will come into force. Under this service applicants will be able to request accelerated processing of their application if the invention relates to a 'green' or environmentally-friendly technology.
2. To enter the Green Channel, the applicant must make a request in writing, indicating:
- that their application relates to a ‘green’ or environmentally-friendly technology and
- which actions they wish to accelerate: Search, Combined Search and Examination, Publication, and/or Examination.
The Office will require no further reasons for accelerated processing.
3. This service will apply to existing applications as well as to applications filed after 12 May 2009.
4. You can find further information about the various accelerated services we offer in our patents fast grant guidance (45Kb).
5. If you have any general enquiries about the patent application process or applying for acceleration under the Green Channel please email our Information Centre or phone them on Tel: 0300 300 2000. Further contact details are also available.
Patents Legal Section
12 May 2009