Find out about patents, their benefits, and the criteria for patentability. Plus, help deciding whether patent protection is right for you and where you can go for advice.
How to renew your patents or change the information listed with us. You can also find ways to use and enforce your patents, and how to protect patents abroad.
Information about using other people's patents and patent infringement. Also, how to monitor applications and object to other people's patents.
- Inventions must be kept confidential to be patentable
- Inventions must be capable of industrial application
- Granting a patent application can take several years
- Patents can be renewed for a maximum of 20 years
- New Patents Published on-line every Wednesday