Welcome to Ipsum our new and FREE online service which lets you check the status and access information on UK patent applications. You can also get copies of some documents from the open part of the file.
Please enter either the publication number or the application number in the form below, then click Go to view the case file.
Using Ipsum you can:
- View patent status
- View up to date information on patents
- Access some documents from published patent applications
- See which classifications and fields of search have been used
- Send us observations about the patentability of a published patent application, before any patent is granted Guidance on Section 21 Observations
- Save your favourite patent applications in your bookmarks
- Get data on European Patents (UK). These may not include changes which have occurred in recent months before the EPO, but these can be found on the EPO Register
to essential maintenance, this
service will be unavailable
08:00 and 14:00 on Saturday 13 February 2016 (UK times). We apologise
for any inconvenience caused.
Our search services are usually available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for 2 hours
at the weekend, usually on Sunday 20:00 - 22:00 (UK time)