Trade mark decision
- BL Number
- Decision date
- 1 December 2004
- Hearing Officer
- Mr G Salthouse
- BUFFALO CREEK
- 18, 25
- Registered Proprietor
- Terence Ball
- Applicants for a declaration of Invalidity
- Buffalo Boots GmbH
- Application for Invalidation
- Sections 47(2) (citing Section 5(2)(b))
Application for invalidation, Section 47(2) (citing 5(2)(b)), successful.
Points Of Interest
- 1. Comparison of the marks BUFFALO v BUFFALO CREEK.
- 2. State of the Register evidence.
The applicant company were proprietors of a number of registrations of BUFFALO in Classes 18 & 25.
Having compared the goods and the marks the Hearing Officer concluded, on a global assessment, that there was a likelihood of confusion and the application for invalidation succeeded accordingly.
Full decision O/353/04 41Kb